Xineo Pilot Logbook requires the Java 6 virtual machine (available free of charge).
Xineo Pilot Logbook is a software logbook for private pilots. Although it is based on the layout of the french DGAC's "Carnet de vol", its user interface is fully internationalized, and should be usable in many other countries. Note that this software is not intended to replace your official logbook, but rather to backup its data, store additional information, and obtain automatically various statistical information.
Latest version is 1.0.2 (october 8th 2010).
August 12th 2011 : new MacOS package, Lion compatible (universal Java stub).
- A Customizable table reflecting the french DGAC's "Carnet de vol" layout and providing automatic computation of total flight times.
- Additional information can be stored along with each log item, including cost, weather-related data and navigation legs.
- The "statistics" panel offers various graphs and reports reflecting flight time and costs in various ways (eg. flight time by month, by aircraft, by function inboard, costs by month, double vs. solo and so on).
- The "METAR" panel allows to grab worldwide METARs for the last 24 hours, making it easy to get recent weather information and associate it with your log items. In the future, weather-related statistics may become available, basing on this data.
- Full internationalisation, currently supporting the french and english languages.
- Logbooks are natively stored in the XML format, and can be exported to XHTML (and soon to PDF). This means that a logbook created with this software will always be easily readable and transformable by humans and other software.
- Export to Google Earth (in KML format) is also provided, in order to visualise navigation legs and reached airports on the 3D map.
- It is multi-platform and will work under all platforms that support Java 1.5 or higher (including Mac OS X, Windows and Linux).
Xineo Pilot Logbook can run on any system supporting the Java 5 virtual machine (J2SE), including MS-Windows, Linux and MacOS X. The Java Runtime Envrionment (JRE) version 1.5 or higher must be installed on your system, and is available free of charge at www.java.com.
To install Xineo Pilot Logbook under Mac OS X, open "PilotLogBook-x.y.z.dmg", and just drag the "LogBook" application into your "Application" folder (or elsewhere if you like).
To install Xineo Pilot Logbook under other platforms (including Windows and Linux), double-click on "PilotLogBook-x-y-z.jar", and follow the instructions of the install program. If your system can not execute JAR files directly, the installation process can be launched with the following command:
java -jar PilotLogBook.jar. Note that the Java virtual machine must be installed before launching the Xineo Pilog Logbook installer. After installation, use shortcuts that have been created on the desktop and/or the start menu.
The current version of Xineo Pilot Logbook can be downloaded below. By downloading or using this software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of the Xineo Freeware Licence (see below). If you do not or cannot agree to the terms of this license, please do not download or use the software.
Xineo Pilot Logbook is usable free of charge, but it is not authorized to use this software or the documents generated from it for commercial purposes. It may not be sold or incorporated into any product which is sold without prior permission from the author. It is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind. Please consult the complete licence for details.
- Added an Option to display flight time totals in decimal format.
- Added a "Last two years" item in the statistics filtering panel.
- Ability to specify custom period in the statistics filtering panel.
- Added a category item in the statistics filtering panel.
- Fixed a Java 6 incompatibility bug.
- Minor GUI fixes in the "Legs" panel of the "Extra info" dialog.
- Ability to insert manual "page breaks".
- Google Earth export (KML format).
- Filter functionality in the statistics pane.
- Ability to automatically load the last opened document at startup (optional).
- When multiple rows are selected, the displayed totals now only reflect the sums of the corresponding flights.
- New informations associated to flights : landings, category, navigation legs.
- "By nature" chart replaced by "by category chart".
- Separate charts for "time solo vs. double" and "time by function".
- Summary display in the statistics pane.
- Ability to display a configurable, periodic raw separator (optional).
- Ability to display the log table header in a paper-like fashion (optional).
- Persistent METAR filter field.
- Toolbar display options (toggle toolbar, labels, small/large icons).
- Mac OS X integration.
- Bug fix: graphs were not properly updated after the edition of extra info.
- I18N fix (fr) : "Colonnes redimensionnables".